No Limit Texas Holdem Poker has become the game of choice for new and experienced poker players around the world. This is the version played in most professional tournaments, including the World Poker Tour and The World Series of Poker shown on TV.
No Limit Texas Holdem is very exciting and has many players and spectators on the edge of their seats because, in these games, pot sizes can become so large and any one hand can either instantly eliminate an unlucky player from the game or double up another player’s bankroll. The main reason that something like this can happen is the fact that, as the name implies, there is no limit to what a player can bet or raise. This commonly leads to players going "all in" (betting all their chips). The difference between limit and no limit poker is this:
In limit games, players have a maximum amount which they can bet, this sometimes drags a game out for hours because it is harder to eliminate players.
In no limit games, although there is always a minimum bet which must be met (usaully equal to the big blind or at least the amount of the previous bet), there is no cap on how much a player can raise or bet at any time in the game. With No Limit Texas Hold 'em betting strategies play a much more significant role on the game, since one hand can drastically change the size of your chip stack, either with a positive or negative effect.
- No Limit Texas Hold 'em Poker is a version of the popular poker game, Texas Hold 'em where players aim to make the best possible 5 card hand from a total of 7 "hole" and "community" cards.
- The version played in many professional poker tournaments such as the World Series of Poker and the World Poker Tour.
- There is no maximum amount of bet allowed (as long as you have enough in your bankroll to cover the bet).
- The minimum bet is usually the same amount as the big blind or, in later rounds, at least equal to the previous bet.
- Players can put all their chips in the pot and go "all in". If they lose that hand they are eliminated from the game, however if they win, they can increase their bankroll (chip stack) hugely
- This game is commonly available at all online poker rooms.
- Be sure to fully understand the policies of the casino and the particular game before you begin playing as they may differ slightly from each other.